POSITION: Property Manager
REPORTS TO: AVP (Assistant Vice President)
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Property Manager. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed.
Our company emphasizes a Team Approach and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely and that you understand that, by signing the Job Description Acknowledgment, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: The Property Manager is totally accountable for all property operations. The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities, and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and property owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, the Property Manager will train the Assistant Manager to assume all duties of the Property Manager in the event of the Property Manager's absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
• The manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
• Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. It is mandatory that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the corporate office on a daily basis.
• Perform evictions, utility cut-offs, and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
• Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations, and certificates of insurance. The Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to the corporate office for payment.
• Hires, terminates, trains, motivates, and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. This includes new employee indoctrination, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
• Conducts ongoing training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all personnel remain up-to-date with all Grace Hill courses.
• Responsible for knowing the application, lease, and all applicable Texas property code laws.
• Responsible for keeping up to date with the TAA Redbook and any changes relating to the TAA application, lease, and related lease forms.
• Ensures that lease files are complete and that completion of leases is being executed properly.
• Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office, and model apartments.
• Attends scheduled corporate management meetings, usually held on a quarterly basis at the corporate office.
• Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis. Submits required reports to the corporate office on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Communicates all challenges affecting the operation of the property to the AVP in a timely manner.
• Ensures all calendar activities are conducted in a timely manner to meet required deadlines.
• Ensures all required permits by city, county, and state are current at all times, e.g. multifamily license, pool/spa, boiler, etc.
• Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
• Delegates inspection or inspects with residents all move-in/move-outs.
• Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
• Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
• Physically walk and inspect the property on a daily basis; vacant apartments must be walked a minimum of once per week to ensure appropriate temperature settings and security of the units.
• Updates Make Ready Board daily. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
• Monitors and schedules all maintenance activities.
• Inspects the Maintenance Shop monthly to ensure compliance with SunRidge policy.
• Delegate or conduct market surveys monthly. Delegate or shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
• Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
• Complete Marketing Plan quarterly.
• Delegate or conduct weekly outreach marketing.
• Complete Leasing Goals weekly.
• Welcome and show the property to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
• Approve all rental applications.
• Approve and sign all lease paperwork and addenda.
• Approve and sign off on all commission forms.
• Report all liability and property incidents to the Corporate Office immediately. Ensure that all occupational injury claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed immediately and forwarded to the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
• Manager will conduct monthly safety meetings and complete Safety Checklists with Maintenance.
• Complete all Grace Hill courses by the required deadlines. Commissions and bonuses will not be paid for anyone with past due Grace Hill courses.
• Perform any additional duties or tasks and meet required deadlines as assigned by the AVP.
The position requires appropriate experience in on-site multifamily property management. Must have a background in supervision and a successful track record of accomplishments.
Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator.)
40 hours per week or applicable to requirements of the property. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
• Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 60% of the time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at a desk.
• Have occasional need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform the following physical activities: Bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, show and inspect the community, push or pull, open and close doors, reach above shoulder, store/retrieve supplies.
• Have frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the community and traveling between properties.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following physical activities: Writing/typing/data entry, corporate/inter-office/resident communication, grasping/turning, telephone/doorknob use, finger dexterity, typing, operation of office equipment.
• Lifting/Carrying (paperwork, deliveries, files, miscellaneous):
Over 25 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
20 lbs. - 25 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
Less than 20 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
Under 10 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to complete forms, read and review reports and a wide variety of correspondence, view the computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood surveys).
• Must be able to determine colors properly because of decorating, design, paint colors, etc.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over the telephone and in-person with property owners, corporate and resident management, vendors, and residents.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over the telephone and in person.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment property and the surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the bank and also visit the corporate office.
• Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
• Must be able to properly operate golf or club car.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of the time).
• Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (less than 10%).
• HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate an appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
SunRidge Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace that has been in business for over 30 years.