REPORTS TO: Property Manager
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Housekeeper. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely and that you understand that by signing this document you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills, and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: The primary responsibilities of the Housekeeper involve the upkeep of each apartment in order to enhance and maintain its appeal. The Housekeeper will also assist the rest of the employees, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete all Grace Hill courses by the required deadlines. Commissions and bonuses will not be paid for anyone with past due Grace Hill courses.
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
• Clean the office, clubroom, restrooms, and other common areas on a daily basis, prior to 9:00 a.m.
• Clean and maintain models and/or target units on a daily basis.
• Clean all vacant apartments as directed by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Keep all vacancies fresh and odorless.
• Clean and maintain laundry facilities daily by 10:00 a.m.
• Perform additional duties requested by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Inform management of supply needs on a weekly basis.
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
Work Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week, as scheduled, Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required. May be necessary to work weekends.
Equipment Requirement: Mops, brooms, vacuum cleaner, window squeegee, scrubber, step stool, small ladder, screwdriver, and other miscellaneous hand tools. Required to wear gloves and other protective equipment as task dictates.
Equipment: An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of cleaning fluids and tools.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel - Perform routine cleaning; pick up debris
- Climb Stairs - Routine cleaning duties require access to all levels of the building(s).
- Push or Pull - Move light furniture, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Reach Above Shoulder - Perform routine cleaning duties.
- Climb Ladders - Perform routine cleaning duties.
- Grasp/Grip/Turning - Handle cleaning tools and equipment.
- Finger Dexterity - Handle cleaning tools and equipment.
• Lift/carrying (cleaning supplies, vacuum, step stool, etc.)
- 50 – 75 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
- 25 – 50 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
- 1 – 25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
• Required to handle cleaning chemicals. Certain cleaning chemicals may require pre-mixing.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to observe areas needing attention/correction. Read cautionary labels; respond to written instructions from employees.
• Frequent need (33% to 60% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach. Observe and assist Maintenance; observe problems throughout the property.
• Not essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to receive instructions from the Manager. Written instructions are acceptable.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate with staff and residents.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time). Occasionally outdoors (1% to 33% of the time).
• Constant exposure (66% to 100% of the time) to cleaning chemicals, paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. Example: apartments during and after make-ready.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.
• MODERATE. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally
SunRidge Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace that has been in business for over 30 years.