POSITION: Make Ready Tech / Assistant Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Lead Maintenance Technician & Property Manager
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Make Ready Tech. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed.
Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely and that you understand that by signing the Job Description Acknowledgment, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: In coordination with the manager and senior maintenance technician, The Make Ready Tech employee's primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner and according to the manager's timetable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete all Grace Hill courses by the required deadlines. Commissions and bonuses will not be paid for anyone with past due Grace Hill courses.
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
• Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to make-ready. Informs senior maintenance technician and manager of needed services and repairs.
• Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore the apartment to "market ready" status:
• Checks all lights and replaces as necessary.
• Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closets.
• Checks applicable appliances and informs senior maintenance technician of problems.
• Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartments.
• Makes keys when necessary.
• Checks faucets sink plugs and repairs/replaces as necessary. Replaces washers when needed. Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted.
• Assists with painting duties when requested. Transfers paint from storage areas to apartment units when painting is scheduled.
• Repairs or replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
• Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary.
• Inspects bathroom tiles, performs minor repairs/replacements.
• Changes A/C filters
• Operates carpet cleaning equipment to clean carpets.
• Lends assistance during trash-out of an apartment; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to the dumpster.
• Replaces vacancy lock (if applicable) on day lock is changed for new resident for move-in. Also
changes out P.O. box lock when requested (if applicable).
• Makes new keys when requested.
• Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times.
• Assists maintenance when requested.
• Delivers notices to all apartments.
• Reports supply needs to manager and/or senior maintenance technician.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by manager or senior maintenance technician.
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
40 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as
required. May be necessary to work weekends.
Required to wear a back-support belt and gloves as tasks dictate. Wear appropriate shoes (no flat bottom
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of cleaning
fluids and tools, including mop, broom, vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, buffer, step ladder, full
ladder, hand tools, key-cutting machine, hand truck, wheelbarrow.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
• Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel - Perform routine cleaning; pick up debris.
- Climb Stairs - Routine cleaning duties require access to 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
- Push or Pull - Move light furniture, appliances, open/close doors, etc.
- Reach Above Shoulder - Perform routine cleaning duties.
- Climb Ladders - Perform routine cleaning duties.
- Grasp/Grip/Turning - Handle cleaning tools and equipment.
- Finger Dexterity - Handle cleaning tools and equipment.
• Lifting/carrying (supplies, paint, carpet cleaning equipment, etc.):
- Over 100 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
- 50 - 75 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
- 25 - 50 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
- 1 - 25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
• Writing: Inventory maintenance, requisition, requests, required maintenance reports.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to notice the difference between clean and unclean. Observe areas needing attention.
• Frequent need (33% to 60% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach. Observe and assist maintenance; observe problems throughout the property.
• Not essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to receive instructions from residential management. Written instructions should be acceptable.
• Not essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to ask questions, request supplies. Written instructions should be acceptable.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time). Occasionally outdoors (1% to 33% of the time).
• Occasional exposure (1% to 33% of time) to cleaning solvents, adhesives, paint fumes, etc.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.
• MODERATE. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one to two-step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
SunRidge Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace that has been in business for over 30 years.