POSITION: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Assistant Manager. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed.
Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely and that you understand that by signing the Job Description Acknowledgment, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: The Assistant Manager is to assist the manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the manager's absence, the Assistant Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In addition, the Assistant Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
• Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on a daily basis all rents, deposits, and application fees received by residents and applicants. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
• Deposits all monies prior to bank close each day.
• Maintains a positive customer relations attitude.
• Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter, and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-ins, move-outs, and vacancies when requested.
• Delegates inspection or inspects with residents all move-in/move-outs.
• Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
• Works with lease renewals each month.
• Greets prospective clients, shows the property, and performs leasing duties as needed.
• Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents,
• Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the manager for
marketing property and improving resident satisfaction.
• Conducts outreach marketing weekly or as assigned by the Manager.
• Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides
information to the manager.
• Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
• Process move-ins and move-outs.
• Process all security deposit move-out reports.
• Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing.
• Conducts service follow-up with residents when work is completed.
• Complete all Grace Hill courses by the required deadlines. Commissions and bonuses will not be
paid for anyone with past due Grace Hill courses.
• Performs any additional duties assigned by the manager or property supervisor.
The position requires at least 1-year experience in property management. Must have basic computer knowledge.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time employees or up to 25 hours per week for part-time employees with a flexible workweek that may include holidays or weekends.
• Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 50% of the time is spent on feet and 50% sitting at a desk.
• Have frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, pick up litter, filing, climb stairs, show and inspect the community, push or pull, open and close doors, reach above shoulder, store/retrieve supplies.
• Have frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting and presenting the property.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing/data entry, corporate/inter-office/resident communication, grasping/turning, telephone/doorknob use, finger dexterity, typing, operation of office equipment.
• Lifting/Carrying (paperwork, deliveries, files, miscellaneous):
Over 25 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
20 lbs. - 25 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
Less than 20 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
Under 10 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to complete forms, read and review reports, wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail and view computer screens.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood surveys).
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over the telephone and in-person with vendors, corporate office staff, and residents.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over the telephone and in person.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment property and the surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the bank and also visit the corporate office.
• Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
• Must be able to properly operate a golf or club car.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of the time).
• Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (less than 10%).
• HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate an appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
SunRidge Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace that has been in business for over 30 years.