The ASSISTANT MANGER is to assist the manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the manager's absence, the ASSISTANT MANAGER will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In addition, the ASSISTANT MANAGER is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on a daily basis all rents, deposits, and application fees received by resident and applicants. Issue appropriate notices when necessary.
- Deposits all monies prior to bank close each day.
- Maintains positive customer relations attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-ins, move-outs and vacancies when requested.
- Delegates inspection and inspects with residents all move-in/move-outs.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Works with lease renewals each month.
- Greets prospective clients, shows property and performs leasing duties as needed.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to manager for marketing property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conducts outreach marketing weekly or as assigned by Manager.
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc. on a daily basis and provides information to the manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Process move-ins and move-outs.
- Process all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing.
- Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
Complete all Grace Hill courses by the required deadlines. Commissions and bonuses will not be paid for anyone with past due Grace Hill courses.
Performs any additional duties assigned by manager or property supervisor.
Position requires at least 1 year experience in property management. Must have basic computer knowledge.
Work Hours: 40 Hours per week for full time employees with flexible work week that may include holidays or weekends.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 50% of time is spent on feet and 50% sitting at desk.
- Have frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat Pick up litter, filling Climb Stairs
- Show and inspect property Push or Pull Open and Close doors, cabinets
- Reach above shoulders
- Have frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting and presenting property.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Writing/Typing Grasping/ Turning Finger Dexterity
- Lifting/Caring (paperwork, deliveries, files, miscellaneous)
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to complete forms, read and review reports, wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail and view computer screens.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood surveys).
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over telephone and in person with vendors, corporate office staff, and residents.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over telephone and in person.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment property and surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the bank and also visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Must be able to properly operate a golf or club car.
- Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions.
- Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (less than 10%)
HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability